Re: Decoupling antiwraparound autovacuum from special rules around auto cancellation

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Decoupling antiwraparound autovacuum from special rules around auto cancellation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-01-24 20:59:04 -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> I find this to be awkward code. The booleans are kinda pointless, and the
> tableagevac case is hard to follow because trigger is set elsewhere.
>
> I can give reformulating it a go. Need to make some food first.

Here's a draft of what I am thinking of. Not perfect yet, but I think it looks
better.

The pg_stat_activity output looks like this right now:

autovacuum due to table XID age: VACUUM public.pgbench_accounts (to prevent wraparound)

Why don't we drop the "(to prevent wraparound)" now?

And I still think removing the "table " bit would be an improvement.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Вложения