Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 24 Jan 2023 11:28:58 +0530, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote in
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 6:17 AM Kyotaro Horiguchi
> <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > IMHO "foo > bar" is not an "option".  I think we say "foo and bar are
> > mutually exclusive options" but I think don't say "foo = x and bar = y
> > are.. options".  I wrote a comment as "this should be more like
> > human-speaking" and Euler seems having the same feeling for another
> > error message.
> >
> > Concretely I would spell this as "min_apply_delay cannot be enabled
> > when parallel streaming mode is enabled" or something.
> >

> We can change it but the current message seems to be in line with some
> nearby messages like "slot_name = NONE and enabled = true are mutually
> exclusive options". So, isn't it better to keep this as one in sync
> with existing messages?

Ooo. subscriptioncmds.c is full of such messages. Okay I agree that it
is better to leave it as is..

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_bgwriter.buffers_backend is pretty meaningless (and more?)