Re: logrep stuck with 'ERROR: int2vector has too many elements'

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: logrep stuck with 'ERROR: int2vector has too many elements'
Дата
Re: logrep stuck with 'ERROR: int2vector has too many elements'
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Jan-15, Erik Rijkers wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Logical replication sometimes gets stuck with
>   ERROR:  int2vector has too many elements

Weird.  This error comes from int2vectorin which amusingly only wants to
read up to FUNC_MAX_ARGS values in the array (100 in the default config,
but it can be changed in pg_config_manual.h).  I wonder how come we
haven't noticed this before ... surely we use int2vector's for other
things than function argument lists nowadays.

At the same time, I don't understand why it fails in 16 but not in 15.
Maybe something changed in the way we process the column lists in 16?