Re: Option to not use ringbuffer in VACUUM, using it in failsafe mode

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Option to not use ringbuffer in VACUUM, using it in failsafe mode
Дата
Re: Option to not use ringbuffer in VACUUM, using it in failsafe mode  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-01-11 10:35:19 -0800, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 10:27 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > Therefore I'd like to add an option to the VACUUM command to use to disable
> > the use of the ringbuffer. Not sure about the name yet.
>
> Sounds like a good idea.

Any idea about the name? The obvious thing is to reference ring buffers in the
option name, but that's more of an implementation detail...

Some ideas:

USE_RING_BUFFERS on|off
SCAN_PROTECTION on|off
REUSE_BUFFERS on|off
LIMIT_BUFFER_USAGE on|off

Regards,

Andres

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Option to not use ringbuffer in VACUUM, using it in failsafe mode
Сообщение: Re: Option to not use ringbuffer in VACUUM, using it in failsafe mode