Re: mprove tab completion for ALTER EXTENSION ADD/DROP

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: mprove tab completion for ALTER EXTENSION ADD/DROP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Mon, 2 Jan 2023 13:19:50 +0530, vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote in
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2022 at 06:53, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> >
> > The DROP could be matched with the objects that are actually part of
> > the so-said extension?
>
> The modified v2 version has the changes to handle the same. Sorry for
> the delay as I was working on another project.

It suggests the *kinds* of objects that are part of the extension, but
lists the objects of that kind regardless of dependency.  I read
Michael suggested (and I agree) to restrict the objects (not kinds) to
actually be a part of the extension. (And not for object kinds.)

However I'm not sure it is useful to restrict object kinds since the
operator already knows what to drop, if you still want to do that, the
use of completion_dont_quote looks ugly since the function
(requote_identifier) is assuming an identifier as input.  I didn't
looked closer but maybe we need another way to do that.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center