Re: Avoiding "wrong tuple length" errors at the end of VACUUM on pg_database update (Backpatch of 947789f to v12 and v13)

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Avoiding "wrong tuple length" errors at the end of VACUUM on pg_database update (Backpatch of 947789f to v12 and v13)
Дата
Ответ на Re: Avoiding "wrong tuple length" errors at the end of VACUUM on pg_database update (Backpatch of 947789f to v12 and v13)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Ответы Re: Avoiding "wrong tuple length" errors at the end of VACUUM on pg_database update (Backpatch of 947789f to v12 and v13)  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-01-10 02:57:43 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> No objections to back-patching the fix, but I wonder if we can find
> some mechanical way to prevent this sort of error in future.

What about a define that forces external toasting very aggressively for
catalog tables, iff they have a toast table? I suspect doing so for
non-catalog tables as well would trigger test changes. Running a buildfarm
animal with that would at least make issues like this much easier to discover.

Greetings,

Andres Freund