Re: query optimizer

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: query optimizer
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it> writes:
>> src/backend/optimizer/README

> I've read this yesterday, very interesting, but I'm looking for something
> similar related to geqo. I mean, is there any presentation/demo that
> step-y-step explains how geqo could take decisions?

There's not a lot, but I just made a few improvements here and here:
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/planner-optimizer.html
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/geqo-pg-intro.html

Beyond that, the GEQO chapter provides several references, and IMHO
you should not be all that resistant to looking into the source code.
Even if you don't read C well, many of the files provide a wealth of
info in the comments.