Re: CREATE TABLE ... LIKE composite type

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CREATE TABLE ... LIKE composite type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mark Gibson <gibsonm@cromwell.co.uk> writes:
> Is there any reason that the following shouldn't work:

> CREATE TABLE my_new_table (LIKE my_composite_type);

Probably not.  I can think of reasons why we might not want to let you
INHERIT from a composite type, but LIKE is just a one-time copy-the-
row-descriptor thing, so it doesn't seem like there should be a problem.

Most likely this is happening because LIKE and INHERITS share a lot of
code.  Anyone feel like looking into it?  (I'm not gonna, have too much
else to do...)