Re: pg_upgrade fails if privileges have been granted on pg_start_backup()/pg_stop_backup() in the old cluster

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: pg_upgrade fails if privileges have been granted on pg_start_backup()/pg_stop_backup() in the old cluster
Дата
Ответ на pg_upgrade fails if privileges have been granted on pg_start_backup()/pg_stop_backup() in the old cluster  (Helena Zetterström <helena.zetterstrom@chalmers.se>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Nov 02, 2022 at 02:47:27PM +0000, Helena Zetterström wrote:
> In version 15 the functions pg_start_backup()/pg_stop_backup() have been renamed to
pg_backup_start()/pg_backup_stop().

> If privileges on these functions have been granted in the old cluster the pg_upgrade fails.
> Our barman user has been granted execute priviliges on these function in PostgreSQL 14 and to avoid the pg_upgrade to
failwe had to revoke these privileges in the old cluster before running the pg_upgrade.

> No warning/notification is given about this when running pg_upgrade --check.
> I don´t know if this is a bug or not but it is really inconvenient to have the pg_upgrade fail/crash (child process
exitedabnormally: status 256) due to it being unable to grant execute on these no longer existing functions.

> It would have been good if a notification about this could have been shown when running the pg_upgrade with the
--checkoption before performing the actual upgrade.

This thread was an unsuccessful attempt to fix that class of problem:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/f85991ad-bbd4-ad57-fde4-e12f0661dbf0%40postgrespro.ru

От: Helena Zetterström
Сообщение: pg_upgrade fails if privileges have been granted on pg_start_backup()/pg_stop_backup() in the old cluster
От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17636: terminating connection because of crash of another server process