Re: BUG #17650: For the sixth time, the clipping function in the 120 partition table planning stage fails

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: BUG #17650: For the sixth time, the clipping function in the 120 partition table planning stage fails
Дата
Ответ на BUG #17650: For the sixth time, the clipping function in the 120 partition table planning stage fails  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 18, 2022 at 01:11:13PM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> Bug reference:      17650
> Logged by:          dafoer
> Email address:      dafoer_x@163.com
> PostgreSQL version: 14.0

Unrelated but you should definitely update to the latest minor version,
currently 14.5

> Operating system:   centos7.6
>
> The clipping function of partition table cannot be carried out normally in
> the planning stage. The extension protocol cannot be clipped in the sixth
> execution. When concurrency is high, lock contention is serious

I'm not sure I fully understand.  Are you saying that partition pruning (1)
doesn't happen after 6 execution of a prepared statement?  If yes, it's not a
bug but a known behavior of generic plans.  You can dynamically set
plan_cache_mode to force_custom_plan for the cases where generic plans are
known to behave poorly.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/ddl-partitioning.html#DDL-PARTITION-PRUNING