Re: BUG #17646: create rule named "_RETURN" will cause pg core

От Ilya Anfimov
Тема Re: BUG #17646: create rule named "_RETURN" will cause pg core
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 12:03:15PM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> Bug reference:      17646
> Logged by:          kui liu
> Email address:      liukui@kingbase.com.cn
> PostgreSQL version: 15.0
> Operating system:   linux
>
> Hi, I encounter an error, it may be a bug,  thx.
>
> here is a test case
>
> create table t (id integer);
> create view v1 as select * from t;
> create or replace rule "_RETURN" as on UPDATE to v1 do instead select * from
> t;
> select * from v1;
>
> execute up sql, will get this error

>         This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> !?>

btw, I'm confirming the bug for postgres from at least 8.4 to 14.

Version 11 and less instead of segfault prints someting like:

ilan=*# select * from v1;
ERROR:  could not open file "base/24576/57373": No such file or directory

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17646: create rule named "_RETURN" will cause pg core
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17646: create rule named "_RETURN" will cause pg core