Re: test_decoding assertion failure for the loss of top-sub transaction relationship

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: test_decoding assertion failure for the loss of top-sub transaction relationship
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Good catch, and thanks for the patch!

At Fri, 2 Sep 2022 01:08:04 +0000, "kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com" <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote in
> PSA patch that fixes the failure.
> This adds pairs of sub-top transactions to the SnapBuild, and it will be serialized and restored.
> The pair will be checked when we mark the ReorderBufferTXN as RBTXN_HAS_CATALOG_CHANGES.

A commit record has all subtransaction ids and SnapBuildCommitTxn()
already checks if every one has catalog changes before checking the
top transaction's catalog changes. So, no need to record top-sub
transaction relationship to serialized snapshots. If any of the
subtransactions has catalog changes, the commit contains catalog
changes.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi