Re: Missing query plan for auto_explain.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Missing query plan for auto_explain.
Дата
Re: Missing query plan for auto_explain.  (Matheus Martin <matheus.martin@voidbridge.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 2022-Aug-30, Matheus Martin wrote:

> Good idea on using an actual prepared statement but unfortunately it didn't
> produce any different result.

I should have also mentioned to try the EXPLAIN EXECUTE six times and
see if the last one produces a different plan.  That's when it switches
from planning every time to planning with generic arguments, as I
recall.

> Could you please elaborate a bit on your advice concerning
> ExecutorEnd/PortalCleanup? I am afraid it doesn't mean much to me.

That wasn't advice actually, just a note that the code might be doing
that thing wrong, causing auto_explain to miss it.  This is an unproven
hypothesis that is likely to be all wrong.

"I'm impressed how quickly you are fixing this obscure issue. I came from
MS SQL and it would be hard for me to put into words how much of a better job
you all are doing on [PostgreSQL]."
 Steve Midgley, http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-sql/2008-08/msg00000.php

Сообщение: Re: Missing query plan for auto_explain.
Сообщение: Re: Missing query plan for auto_explain.