Re: relpages in pg_class

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: relpages in pg_class
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 2022-Aug-19, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 19, 2022 at 04:10:30AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:
> > The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:
> >
> > Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/catalog-pg-class.html
> >
> > From source code, the relpage is the number of blocks. But, at the document,
> > it is written as Size of the on-disk representation of this table in pages
> > (of size BLCKSZ).
>
> Well, blocks and pages are the same size, so I don't see the problem.

If you think about operating system "blocks" rather than Postgres
"blocks", I can see how this can be interpreted differently.  I'm not
sure if this is a good place to make that distinction, though; I mean,
if we do, how many other places should we patch similarly?

"Small aircraft do not crash frequently ... usually only once!"
                                  (ponder, http://thedailywtf.com/)