Re: Would it be possible to add functions to tab-completion in psql?

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: Would it be possible to add functions to tab-completion in psql?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 09:55:34PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 02:28:49PM +0200, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> > Hi,
> > As a dba I have to, very often, query system functions, starting with
> > pg_last_xact_replay_timestamp and pg_current_wal_lsn.
> >
> > Would it be possible/hard/expensive, to change tab-completion so that:
> >
> > select pg_<tab> would work?
> That specific example may be easy to do, but others like e.g.
> SELECT pg_size_pretty(pg_rel<TAB>

While I would appreciate having full tab-completion on every level,
I wouldn't be happy with just first-level.

Basically I feel that "because we can't get it perfect" it obscuring the
fact that imperfect would be very useful.

Best regards,

depesz

Сообщение: Re: Would it be possible to add functions to tab-completion in psql?
Сообщение: Re: Would it be possible to add functions to tab-completion in psql?