Re: Statistics updates is delayed when using `commit and chain`

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Statistics updates is delayed when using `commit and chain`
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On 2022-08-01 12:25:58 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I don't like copying the same comment etc into multiple places. Given the
> > number of identical blocks for if (s->chain) blocks, perhaps we should just
> > move it into a new helper?
>
> What I suggested a few days ago is that it should be in CommitTransaction.

I wonder how we'd best deal with the idle timer if we go for that. That only
makes sense in some contexts (normal backends), but not others (everything
else).

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: Statistics updates is delayed when using `commit and chain`
Сообщение: Re: Statistics updates is delayed when using `commit and chain`