a database can be created but not droped

От Matthias Apitz
Тема a database can be created but not droped
Дата
Re: a database can be created but not droped  (Frank Streitzig <fstreitzig@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

This is with 14.1 on Linux. I have created a new database with

$ createdb -U sisis -T template0 SRP-27097

I can connect to it, created tables and fill them with SQL:

$ psql -Usisis -dSRP-27097
psql (14.1)
Geben Sie »help« für Hilfe ein.

SRP-27097=# select count(*) from sisisinst;
 count
-------
     2

but I can not drop the database:

$ psql -Usisis -dtestdb
psql (14.1)
Geben Sie »help« für Hilfe ein.

testdb=# DROP DATABASE IF EXISTS  SRP-27097  WITH FORCE;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "-"
ZEILE 1: DROP DATABASE IF EXISTS  SRP-27097  WITH FORCE;

Why is this?

    matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045