Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Jul-29, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:

> At Fri, 29 Jul 2022 11:27:01 +1200, Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote in
> > Maybe it just needs a replication slot?  I see:
> >
> > ERROR:  requested WAL segment 000000010000000000000003 has already been removed
>
> Agreed, I see the same.  The same failure can be surely reproducible
> by inserting wal-switch+checkpoint after taking backup [1].  And it is
> fixed by the attached.

WFM, pushed that way.  I added a slot drop after the pg_stat_replication
count check to be a little less intrusive. Thanks Matthias for
reporting.  (Note that the Cirrus page has a download link for the
complete logs as artifacts).

"I'm always right, but sometimes I'm more right than other times."
                                                  (Linus Torvalds)