Re: Improve description of XLOG_RUNNING_XACTS

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Improve description of XLOG_RUNNING_XACTS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 28 Jul 2022 09:56:33 +0530, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote in
> Thanks Masahiko for the updated patch. It looks good to me.
>
> I wonder whether the logic should be, similar
> to ProcArrayApplyRecoveryInfo()
>  if (xlrec->subxid_overflow)
> else if (xlrec->subxcnt > 0)
>
> But you may ignore it.

Either is fine if we asuume the record is sound, but since it is
debugging output, I think we should always output the information *for
both* . The following change doesn't change the output for a sound
record.

====
    if (xlrec->subxcnt > 0)
    {
        appendStringInfo(buf, "; %d subxacts:", xlrec->subxcnt);
        for (i = 0; i < xlrec->subxcnt; i++)
            appendStringInfo(buf, " %u", xlrec->xids[xlrec->xcnt + i]);
    }
-    else if (xlrec->subxid_overflow)
+    if (xlrec->subxid_overflow)
        appendStringInfoString(buf, "; subxid overflowed");
====

Another point is if the xid/subxid lists get long, I see it annoying
that the "overflowed" messages goes far away to the end of the long
line. Couldn't we rearrange the item order of the line as the follows?

nextXid %u latestCompletedXid %u oldestRunningXid %u;[ subxid overflowed;][ %d xacts: %u %u ...;][ subxacts: %u %u ..]

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center