Re: could not link file in wal restore lines

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: could not link file in wal restore lines
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
At Tue, 26 Jul 2022 08:37:40 -0700, Zsolt Ero <zsolt.ero@gmail.com> wrote in
> On 26. Jul 2022 at 13:33:09, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
>
> > I have responded on that thread to see if Noah can have a look and
> > decide if it would be worth back-patching cc2c7d65fc.
> >
> > There have been other changes in this area (e.g. removing
> > durable_rename_excl) so it would be good to know if back-patching just
> > cc2c7d65fc will work.
> >
> > Kyotaro, since you can reproduce the issue would you be willing to test
> > that?

>  David, my server is a dedicated AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with 2 x 1 TB NVME SSD
> in RAID 0, so it's indeed quite fast, especially in I/O compared to most
> cloud hosting options with non-local storage.
>
> It's this one: https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ax51-nvme
>
> I can imagine that trying the same stress test is not triggering race
> conditions on most cloud servers.
>
> I'm happy to run tests as long as they are in Docker containers, I prefer
> not to install anything directly on the host.

It is better if the failure can be reproduced without an extra code
tweak.  Aside from that I'm willing to try reproduce the issue on my
environment.

I'm gonig to modify the patch for PG12 then come up again.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center