Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Fri, 22 Jul 2022 10:18:58 +0200, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote in
> OK, I'll wait for allow_in_place_tablespaces to be backpatched then.
>
> I would like to get this fix pushed before the next set of minors, so if
> you won't have time for the backpatches early enough, maybe I can work
> on getting it done.
>
> Which commits would we consider?
>
> 7170f2159fb2    Allow "in place" tablespaces.
> f6f0db4d6240    Fix pg_tablespace_location() with in-place tablespaces

The second one is just to make the function work with in-place
tablespaces. Without it the function yeilds the following error.

> ERROR:  could not read symbolic link "pg_tblspc/16407": Invalid argument

This looks actually odd but I think no need of back-patching because
there's no actual user of the feature is not seen in our test suite.
If we have a test that needs the feature in future, it would be enough
to back-patch it then.

So I think only the first one is needed for now.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center