Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Jul-21, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Yeah, I think that would reduce cruft.  I'm not sure this is more
> against backpatching policy or less, compared to adding a separate
> GUC just for this bugfix.

cruft:

    {
        {"allow_recovery_tablespaces", PG_POSTMASTER, WAL_RECOVERY,
            gettext_noop("Continues recovery after finding invalid database directories."),
            gettext_noop("It is possible for tablespace drop to interfere with database creation "
                         "so that WAL replay is forced to create fake database directories. "
                         "These should have been dropped by the time recovery ends; "
                         "but in case they aren't, this option lets recovery continue if they "
                         "are present.  Note that these directories must be removed manually afterwards."),
            GUC_NOT_IN_SAMPLE
        },
        &allow_recovery_tablespaces,
        false,
        NULL, NULL, NULL
    },

This is not a very good explanation, but I don't know how to make it
better.

"I think my standards have lowered enough that now I think 'good design'
is when the page doesn't irritate the living f*ck out of me." (JWZ)