Re: Use "WAL segment" instead of "log segment" consistently in user-facing messages

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: Use "WAL segment" instead of "log segment" consistently in user-facing messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Overall, these patches look reasonable.

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 04:24:12PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
>     record.  Because the entire content of data pages is saved in the
> -   log on the first page modification after a checkpoint (assuming
> +   WAL record on the first page modification after a checkpoint (assuming
>     <xref linkend="guc-full-page-writes"/> is not disabled), all pages
>     changed since the checkpoint will be restored to a consistent
>     state.

nitpick: I would remove the word "record" in this change.

--
Nathan Bossart

От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: Avoid erroring out when unable to remove or parse logical rewrite files to save checkpoint work