Re: allow building trusted languages without the untrusted versions

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: allow building trusted languages without the untrusted versions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Given the discussion in this thread, I intend to mark the commitfest entry
as Withdrawn shortly.  Before I do, I thought I'd first check whether 0001
[0] might be worthwhile independent of $SUBJECT.  This change separates the
[un]trusted handler and validator functions for PL/Perl so that we no
longer need to inspect pg_language to determine whether to use the trusted
or untrusted code path.  I was surprised to learn that you can end up with
PL/PerlU even if you've specified the trusted handler/validator functions.
Besides bringing things more in line with how PL/Tcl does things, this
change simplifies function lookup in plperl_proc_hash.  I suppose such a
change might introduce a compatibility break for users who are depending on
this behavior, but I don't know if that's worth worrying about.

[0]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/133940/v1-0001-Do-not-use-pg_language-to-determine-whether-PL-Pe.patch

--
Nathan Bossart