Re: EINTR in ftruncate()

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: EINTR in ftruncate()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Jul-07, Thomas Munro wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 7, 2022 at 9:05 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Here's a draft patch that tries to explain all this in the commit
> message and comments.

I gave 0001 a try.  I agree with the approach, and it seems to work as
intended; or at least I couldn't break it under GDB.

I didn't look at 0002, but I wish that the pgstat_report_wait calls were
moved to cover both syscalls in a separate commit, just so we still have
them even if we decide not to do 0002.

Do you intend to get it pushed before the next minors?  I have an
interest in that happening.  Thanks for working on this.

"Here's a general engineering tip: if the non-fun part is too complex for you
to figure out, that might indicate the fun part is too ambitious." (John Naylor)
https://postgr.es/m/CAFBsxsG4OWHBbSDM%3DsSeXrQGOtkPiOEOuME4yD7Ce41NtaAD9g%40mail.gmail.com