DropRelFileLocatorBuffers

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема DropRelFileLocatorBuffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello.

While working on a patch, I met a function with the signature of:

> DropRelFileLocatorBuffers(SMgrRelation smgr_reln, ForkNumber *forkNum,
>                           int nforks, BlockNumber *firstDelBlock)

It was DropRelFileNodeBuffers(), which means "Drop buffers for a
RelFileNode", where RelFileNode means a storage or a (set of) file(s).
In that sense, "Drop buffers for a RelFile*Locator*" sounds a bit off
to me.  Isn't it better change the name?  RelFileLocator doesn't look
to be fit here.

"DropRelFileBuffers" works better at least for me..  If it does, some
other functions need the same amendment.

Thought?

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi