Re: Using PQexecQuery in pipeline mode produces unexpected Close messages

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Using PQexecQuery in pipeline mode produces unexpected Close messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Mon, 4 Jul 2022 10:49:33 +0200, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote in
> > Mmm. My patch moves the point of failure of the scenario a bit but
> > still a little short.  However, as my understanding, it seems like the
> > task of the PQpipelineSync()-PQgetResult() pair to consume the
> > CloseComplete. If Iinserted PQpipelineSync() just after PQsendQuery()
> > and called PQgetResult() for PGRES_PIPELINE_SYNC before
> > PQexitPipelineMode(), the out-of-sync CloseComplete is not seen in the
> > scenario.  But if it is right, I'd like to complain about the
> > obscure-but-stiff protocol of pipleline mode..
>
> Yeah, if you introduce PQpipelineSync then I think it'll work okay, but
> my point here was to make it work without requiring that; that's why I
> wrote the test to use PQsendFlushRequest instead.

A bit too late, but it is good to make state-transition simpler.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Logging query parmeters in auto_explain