symbol "conflicts" between libpq and binaries

От Andres Freund
Тема symbol "conflicts" between libpq and binaries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

There's a number of symbols that are exported by libpq that are also in
binaries (mostly via pgport). That strikes me as not great, because the
behaviour in those cases isn't particularly well defined / OS dependent /
linker option dependent.

How about renaming those functions, turning the functions exported by libpq
into wrappers?

This is at least:

pqsignal
pg_char_to_encoding
pg_valid_server_encoding_id
pg_valid_server_encoding
pg_encoding_to_char
pg_utf_mblen

I'm not quite sure why we export some of these, but we likely don't want to
change that, given the API/ABI break that'd cause.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: making relfilenodes 56 bits
Сообщение: Re: making relfilenodes 56 bits