Re: AIX support - alignment issues

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: AIX support - alignment issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-07-03 20:08:19 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I would have preferred to keep pademelon, with its pre-C99 compiler, going
> until v11 is EOL, but that ain't happening.

I'm not too worried about that - clang with
  -std=c89 -Wc99-extensions -Werror=c99-extensions
as it's running on mylodon for the older branches seems to do a decent
job. And is obviously much faster :)

> I would not stand in the way of dropping HP-UX and IA64 support as of
> v16.

Cool.

> I do still feel that HPPA is of interest, to keep us honest
> about spinlock support

I.e. forgetting to initialize them? Or the weird alignment stuff it has?

I'd started to work a patch to detect missing initialization for both
spinlocks and lwlocks, I think that'd be good to have for more common cases.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: AIX support - alignment issues
Сообщение: Re: AIX support - alignment issues