Re: O(n) tasks cause lengthy startups and checkpoints

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: O(n) tasks cause lengthy startups and checkpoints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 11:45:22AM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2022 at 18:15, Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm grateful for the discussion in this thread so far, but I'm not seeing a
>> clear path forward.
>
> +1 to add the new auxiliary process.

I went ahead and put together a new patch set for this in which I've
attempted to address most of the feedback from upthread.  Notably, I've
abandoned 0007 and 0008, added a way for processes to request specific
tasks for the custodian, and removed all the checks for
ShutdownRequestPending.

I haven't addressed the existing transaction ID wraparound risk with the
logical replication files.  My instinct is that this deserveѕ its own
thread, and it might need to be considered a prerequisite to this change
based on the prior discussion here.

--
Nathan Bossart

Вложения