Re: Question about attention to pgsql-hackers@lists.postgresql.org

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Question about attention to pgsql-hackers@lists.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-general

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/Rm7WBtZZpYL1NWuunuN_16EY0JcyejqV22z_JlUfvD5FYPenGDd_ZGUddwAcMNi2KNSyvqAhBRzj2JxtJoNmWAzykBQU4Z1AzBp0GPs8wZQ=@protonmail.com

> > I was wondering if anyone can or will pay some active attention to it?
> > i.e. what can I do from here to raise the message there to the attention
> > of more people involved with pgsql-hackers, in order to get one or more
> > active email replies in response to what I have posed/asked?
>
> It is a long, winding e-mail, suggesting an extension for "high precision arithmetic support".
> It is written in a way so that at least I cannot right away understand what this is supposed
> to be, or how it does anything that "numeric" doesn't.
>
> At the end of your e-mail, it turns out that you are looking for someone to implement this
> not very well specified extension for you, for free.
>
> I am not surprised that you got no response.  You'll have to write that extension yourself
> or hire someone to do it for you (but then you should come up with a better specification).

On top of that OP has already received a lot of answers in the past, it's just
that since no one wants to take care of a whole non trivial project for free
the answer is never what OP wants.

So I'm pretty sure that everyone on the list is well aware of what OP wants,
and keeping sending regular messages isn't going to help:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/PSXP216MB0085760D0FCA442A1D4974769AF99@PSXP216MB0085.KORP216.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/PSXP216MB0085B1C0B3E10A1CF3BCD1A09ACD9@PSXP216MB0085.KORP216.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/PSXP216MB0085098A2D76E3C5DD4F8AE99ACF9@PSXP216MB0085.KORP216.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/PSXP216MB0085F21467C36F05AB9427879ADF9@PSXP216MB0085.KORP216.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/PSXP216MB0085ADE313F9F48A134057F39AA19@PSXP216MB0085.KORP216.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/PSXP216MB0085D05D015DE0C46A11BE1F9AA79@PSXP216MB0085.KORP216.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM

I also received 2 private emails for the same project, one of which containing
*a lot* of other people.