Re: Support logical replication of DDLs

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Support logical replication of DDLs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Jun-15, houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com wrote:

> On Wednesday, June 15, 2022 8:14 AM Zheng Li <zhengli10@gmail.com> wrote:

> > How does the deparser deparses CREATE FUNCTION STATEMENT? Will it
> > schema qualify
> > objects inside the function definition?
>
> The current deparser doesn't schema qualify objects inside the function
> source as we won't know the schema of inner objects until the function is
> executed. The deparser will only schema qualify the objects around
> function declaration Like:
>
> CREATE FUNCTION [public].test_func(i [pg_catalog].int4 ) RETURNS  [pg_catalog].int4 LANGUAGE plpgsql

Right, this is by design.  There is no way to deparse a function body --
as far as the backend is concerned, the body is just an opaque string.
That string is to be interpreted by the language handler only.

I don't know if it's possible to do different for non-core PLs, but I do
not think we have to worry about them in the Postgres implementation.

"La victoria es para quien se atreve a estar solo"