Re: BUG #17530: pg_dump comment on triggers is "off" by comparison to all of the other objects...

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: BUG #17530: pg_dump comment on triggers is "off" by comparison to all of the other objects...
Дата
Re: BUG #17530: pg_dump comment on triggers is "off" by comparison to all of the other objects...  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 11:05:45PM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> Bug reference:      17530
> Logged by:          Kirk Wolak
> Email address:      wolakk@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 14.3
> Operating system:   Windows
>
> I've been parsing through the file for our own system, and discovered the
> Name: <value>
> for the trigger is not quite the name of the trigger. I've included an
> example of FUNCTIon for reference.
>
> It's "change_log"<space>"id_change_log";  but the actual trigger name is
> "id_change_log" on the table "change_log"

That's expected, the name in the comment has a qualifier when the object name
itself isn't guaranteed to be unique, with the format

"$table_name $trigger_name"

This is done similarly for all object types that don't have a guarantee of
unique name (policies, rules...).

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17530: pg_dump comment on triggers is "off" by comparison to all of the other objects...
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17530: pg_dump comment on triggers is "off" by comparison to all of the other objects...