Re: Is RecoveryConflictInterrupt() entirely safe in a signal handler?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Is RecoveryConflictInterrupt() entirely safe in a signal handler?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/task/5956804860444672/log/src/test/recovery/tmp_check/log/031_recovery_conflict_standby.log
> if the startup process had decided to send the signal).
>
> ... so it seems like the problem in that run is upstream of the interrupt stuff.

Odd. The only theory I have so far is that the manual vacuum on the primary
somehow decided to skip the page, and thus didn't trigger a conflict. Because
clearly replay progressed past the records of the VACUUM. Perhaps we should
use VACUUM VERBOSE? In contrast to pg_regress tests that should be
unproblematic?

Greetings,

Andres Freund