Re: PG 15 (and to a smaller degree 14) regression due to ExprEvalStep size

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: PG 15 (and to a smaller degree 14) regression due to ExprEvalStep size
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Fri, 17 Jun 2022 15:59:26 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> At Fri, 17 Jun 2022 15:54:13 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> > > Or we could add a timeout.c API that specifies the timeout?
> >
> > I sometimes wanted this, But I don't see a simple way to sort multiple
> > relative timeouts in absolute time order.  Maybe we can skip
> > GetCurrentTimestamp only when inserting the first timeout, but I don't
> > think it benefits this case.
>
> Or we can use a free-run interval timer and individual down-counter
> for each timtouts.  I think we need at-most 0.1s resolution and error
> of long-run timer doesn't harm?

Yeah, stupid. We don't want awake process with such a high frequency..

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Typo in ro.po file?
От: "wangw.fnst@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: Perform streaming logical transactions by background workers and parallel apply