Re: pg_rewind: warn when checkpoint hasn't happened after promotion

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: pg_rewind: warn when checkpoint hasn't happened after promotion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Wed, 08 Jun 2022 18:15:09 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> At Tue, 07 Jun 2022 16:05:47 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> > At Tue, 07 Jun 2022 12:39:38 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> > > One possible way to detect promotion reliably is to look into timeline
> > > history files. It is written immediately at promotion even on
> > > standbys.
> >
> > The attached seems to work. It uses timeline history files to identify
> > the source timeline.  With this change pg_waldump no longer need to
> > wait for end-of-recovery to finish.
> >
> > (It lacks doc part and test.. But I'm not sure how we can test this
> > behavior.)
>
> This is a revised version.
>
> Revised getTimelineHistory()'s logic (refactored, and changed so that
> it doesn't pick-up the wrong history files).
>
> perform_rewind always identify endtli based on source's timeline
> history.

No need to "search" history file to identify it.  The latest timeline
must be that.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Вложения

От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: pg_rewind: warn when checkpoint hasn't happened after promotion