Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-06-02 15:53:50 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Oh. I executed maintainer-clean inside src/backend/parser/, and thus didn't
> > see it getting cleaned up.
>
> > It seems pretty darn grotty that src/backend/parser/Makefile explicitly states
> > that gram.c ... aren't cleaned "here", but then src/backend/Makefile does
> > clean them up.
>
> I agree the factorization of this ain't great.  I'd think about improving
> it, were it not that we're trying to get rid of it.

+1. I think I just wanted to excuse my confusion...

> (But with meson, the whole idea of building or cleaning just part of the
> tree is out the window anyway, no?)

Cleaning parts of the tree isn't supported as far as I know (not that I've
needed it). You can build parts of the tree by specifying the target
(e.g. ninja src/backend/postgres) or by specifying meta-targets (e.g. ninja
contrib backend). I've thought about contributing a patch to meson to
automatically generate targets for each directory that has sub-targets - it's
just a few lines.

Greetings,

Andres Freund