Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-05-31 16:49:17 +0300, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> I tried the branch on GitHub on MacOS Monterey 12.3.1 and Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
> I was going to test it against several third party extensions, but it looks like
> it is a bit early for this. On Ubuntu I got the following error:

What do those extensions use to build? Since the unconference I added some
rudimentary PGXS compatibility, but it's definitely not complete yet.

> ```
> ../src/include/parser/kwlist.h:332:25: error: ‘PARAMETER’ undeclared here (not
> in a function)
> 332 | PG_KEYWORD("parameter", PARAMETER, UNRESERVED_KEYWORD, BARE_LABEL)
>
> ../src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/keywords.c:32:55: note: in definition of macro
> ‘PG_KEYWORD’
> 32 | #define PG_KEYWORD(kwname, value, category, collabel) value,
> ```

Huh. I've not seen this before - could you provide a bit more detail about
what you did? CI isn't testing ubuntu, but it is testing Debian, so I'd expect
this to work.

> On MacOS I got multiple errors regarding LDAP:

Ah, yes. Sorry, that's an open issue that I need to fix. -Dldap=disabled for
the rescue.  There's some crazy ordering dependency in macos framework
headers. The ldap framework contains an "ldap.h" header that includes
"ldap.h". So if you end up with the framework on the include path, you get
endless recursion.

Greetings,

Andres Freund