Re: [BUG] Panic due to incorrect missingContrecPtr after promotion

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: [BUG] Panic due to incorrect missingContrecPtr after promotion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 26 May 2022 19:57:41 +0000, "Imseih (AWS), Sami" <simseih@amazon.com> wrote in
> We see another occurrence of this bug with the last patch applied in 13.7.
>
> After a promotion we observe the following in the logs:
> We think it's because VerifyOverwriteContrecord was not
> called which is why we see this behavior.
>
> Are there are  other places where missingContrecPtr
> should be invalidated, such as after a successful promotion?

The only cause known to me for EndOfLog being moved to such location
is missingContrecPtr. But if the next record is not
XLOG_OVERWRITE_CONTRECORD recovery should have stopped there. And if
XLOG_OVERWRITE_CONTRECORD is there, VerifyOverwriteContrecord should
have been called..

Could you inspect WAL files of the environment and see if the first
record of the '7/A8'th segment OVERWRITE_CONTRECORD?  I don't say that
makes some progress on this, but could be the first step.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center