Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson -v8

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson -v8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-05-11 12:18:58 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> This currently only works on macOS.  The dtrace -G calls needed on
> other platforms are not implemented yet.

I looked into that part. The make rule passes all the backend object files as
an option, but it's not clear to me where / why that's needed. On linux it
certainly works to not pass in the object files...

Maybe CI will show problems on freebsd or such...

> Therefore, the option is not auto by default.

It probably shouldn't be auto either way, there's some overhead associated
with the probes...

Greetings,

Andres Freund