Re: Can postgres ever delete the recycled future WAL files to free-up disk space if max_wal_size is reduced or wal_recycle is set to off?

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: Can postgres ever delete the recycled future WAL files to free-up disk space if max_wal_size is reduced or wal_recycle is set to off?
Дата
Ответ на Can postgres ever delete the recycled future WAL files to free-up disk space if max_wal_size is reduced or wal_recycle is set to off?  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 06, 2022 at 09:50:26PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> It seems like that's not the case because postgres will not remove future WAL
> files even after max_wal_size is reduced,

In the past, I've had to generate synthetic write traffic and checkpoints to
get WAL to shrink.  +1 to make it respect max_wal_size on its own.

--
Justin