Re: strange slow query - lost lot of time somewhere

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: strange slow query - lost lot of time somewhere
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, May 06, 2022 at 09:27:57PM +1200, David Rowley wrote:
> I'm very tempted to change the EXPLAIN output in at least master to
> display the initial and final (maximum) hash table sizes. Wondering if
> anyone would object to that?

No objection to add it to v15.

I'll point out that "Cache Mode" was added to EXPLAIN between 11.1 and 11.2
without controversy, so this could conceivably be backpatched to v14, too.

commit 6c32c0977783fae217b5eaa1d22d26c96e5b0085
Author: David Rowley <drowley@postgresql.org>
Date:   Wed Nov 24 10:07:38 2021 +1300

    Allow Memoize to operate in binary comparison mode