Re: failures in t/031_recovery_conflict.pl on CI

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: failures in t/031_recovery_conflict.pl on CI
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-05-05 23:36:22 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On 2022-05-05 22:07:40 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> May I ask where we're at on this?  Next week's back-branch release is
> >> getting uncomfortably close, and I'm still seeing various buildfarm
> >> animals erratically failing on 031_recovery_conflict.pl.
>
> > Looks like the problems are gone on HEAD at least.
>
> It does look that way, although the number of successes is not large yet.
>
> >> Should we just remove that test from the back branches for now?
>
> > That might be the best course, marking the test as TODO perhaps?
>
> I poked closer and saw that you reverted 5136967f1 et al because
> (I suppose) adjust_conf is not there in the back branches.

Yea. That one was a stupid mistake, working outside my usual environment. It's
easy enough to work around adjust_conf not existing (just appending works),
but then there's subsequent test failures...

> So I reluctantly vote for removing 031_recovery_conflict.pl in the
> back branches for now, with the expectation that we'll fix the
> infrastructure and put it back after the current release round
> is done.

What about instead marking the flapping test TODO? That'd still give us most
of the coverage...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: failures in t/031_recovery_conflict.pl on CI
Сообщение: Re: failures in t/031_recovery_conflict.pl on CI