Re: failures in t/031_recovery_conflict.pl on CI

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: failures in t/031_recovery_conflict.pl on CI
Дата
Re: failures in t/031_recovery_conflict.pl on CI  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-04-29 19:26:59 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > - The test uses pump_until() and wait_for_log(), which don't exist in the
> >   backbranches. For now I've just inlined the implementation, but I guess we
> >   could also backpatch their introduction?
>
> I'd backpatch --- seems unlikely this will be the last need for 'em.

Done.

I ended up committing the extension of the test first, before the fix. I think
that's the cause of the failure on longfin on serinus. Let's hope the
situation improves with the now also committed (and backpatched) fix.

> > pgindent uses some crazy formatting nearby:
> >         SendRecoveryConflictWithBufferPin(
> >                                           PROCSIG_RECOVERY_CONFLICT_STARTUP_DEADLOCK);
>
> I do not believe that that line break is pgindent's fault.

Oh - I'm fairly certain I've seen pgindent do that in the past. But you're
right, it's not. Perhaps it was an older version of pgindent?

Greetings,

Andres Freund