Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-03-29 11:55:05 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> I committed v6 instead.

I was just discussing the WAL prefetching patch with Thomas. A question in
that discussion made me look at the coverage of REDO for CREATE DATABASE:
https://coverage.postgresql.org/src/backend/commands/dbcommands.c.gcov.html

Seems there's currently nothing hitting the REDO for
XLOG_DBASE_CREATE_FILE_COPY (currently line 3019). I think it'd be good to
keep coverage for that. How about adding a
  CREATE DATABASE ... STRATEGY file_copy
to 001_stream_rep.pl?

Might be worth adding a test for ALTER DATABASE ... SET TABLESPACE at the same
time, this patch did affect that path in some minor ways. And, somewhat
shockingly, we don't have a single test for it.

- Andres