Re: support for DIN SPEC 91379 encoding

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: support for DIN SPEC 91379 encoding
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2022-Mar-28, Peter J. Holzer wrote:

> On 2022-03-27 14:06:25 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> > We follow that spec, so depending on what DIN 91379 *actually* says,
> > we might have additional reasons not to be in compliance.  I don't
> > read German unfortunately.
>
> It defines minimal character set that IT systems which process personal
> and company names in the EU must accept. Basically Latin, Greek and
> Cyrillic letters, digits and some symbols and interpunctation.

Yeah, I had a look at the list of allowed characters and it's a
reasonably simple set.  The most complex you can find is stuff like

LATIN CAPITAL LETTER R WITH COMBINING RING BELOW AND COMBINING MACRON
LATIN CAPITAL LETTER K WITH COMBINING DOUBLE MACRON BELOW AND LATIN SMALL LETTER H

"Tiene valor aquel que admite que es un cobarde" (Fernandel)