Re: Time to drop plpython2?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Time to drop plpython2?
Дата
Re: Time to drop plpython2?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-02-16 22:52:08 -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> > Cool, will apply 1) later today.
>
> Done. Curious how red the BF will turn out to be. Let's hope it's not
> too bad.

Now that the BF has stabilized, I've rebased and cleaned up the patches I'd
posted earlier. Attached for the first time is my attempt at cleaning up the
docs.

0003, the removal of code level support for Python 2, is now a good bit bigger
bigger, due to the removal of the last remnants of the Py2/3 porting layer.

I did so far leave in the "major version conflict" detection stuff in
plpy_main.c - that could again be useful? I'm leaning towards removing it, I'd
hope that there's not again such a painful transition, and we have the git
history if needed.

Regards,

Andres

Вложения