Re: pg_tablespace_location() failure with allow_in_place_tablespaces

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: pg_tablespace_location() failure with allow_in_place_tablespaces
Дата
Re: pg_tablespace_location() failure with allow_in_place_tablespaces  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
At Fri, 04 Mar 2022 17:28:45 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> > By the way, regardless of the patch, I got an error from pg_basebackup
> > for an in-place tablespace.  pg_do_start_backup calls readlink
> > believing pg_tblspc/* is always a symlink.
> >
> > # Running: pg_basebackup -D
/home/horiguti/work/worktrees/tsp_replay_2/src/test/recovery/tmp_check/t_029_replay_tsp_drops_primary1_data/backup/my_backup
-h/tmp/X8E4nbF4en -p 51584 --checkpoint fast --no-sync

> > WARNING:  could not read symbolic link "pg_tblspc/16384": Invalid argument
>
> So now we know that there are three places that needs the same
> processing.
>
> pg_tablespace_location: this patch tries to fix
> sendDir:                it already supports  in-place tsp
> do_pg_start_backup:     not supports in-place tsp yet.

And I made a quick hack on do_pg_start_backup.  And I found that
pg_basebackup copies in-place tablespaces under the *current
directory*, which is not ok at all:(

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi