Re: Question on Open PostgreSQL Monitoring

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Question on Open PostgreSQL Monitoring
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 03:52:54PM +0000, Lu, Dan wrote:

> I am not sure if this is the right email group to ask about Open PostgreSQL
> Monitoring (https://opm.readthedocs.io/opm-core/index.html).

The correct place to ask question is one the github repositories, per
https://opm.readthedocs.io/developers/development_information.html.

> It appears there is no update to this tool since at least 2019.

The extensions and UI didn't have update since 2020, and that's because there
was no need.  Those are responsible for storing whatever perfdata is generated
by Nagios or similar and graphing them.  All the postgres-specific logic is in
the probe (https://github.com/OPMDG/check_pgactivity) which is actively
developed.

That being said, you can use a different UI on top of the extension if you
want, and multiple people had success building grafana dashboards quite easily.

> Since members from this email group has lots of expertise on PostgreSQL, I
> thought I ask if anyone knows of a better tool to replace OPM for PG?

A lot of tools are gathered at https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Monitoring.
There isn't a single killer tool that's better than everything else, and you
should probably pick something that can easily be integrated in whatever
monitoring / alerting solution you're already using.