Re: Very URGENT REQUEST - Postgresql error : PANIC: could not locate a valid checkpoint record

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Very URGENT REQUEST - Postgresql error : PANIC: could not locate a valid checkpoint record
Дата
Ответ на RE: Very URGENT REQUEST - Postgresql error : PANIC: could not locate a valid checkpoint record  ("Agarwal, Pragati - Dell Team" <Pragati.A@Dellteam.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 11:19:54AM +0000, Agarwal, Pragati - Dell Team wrote:
> Hi Merlin, Julien
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Besides this, there is public schema in postgres which we are not using in
> our Datastore service.
>
> As a workaround of an upgrade process, we plan to drop the public schema. We
> would like to know your thoughts on this and any detrimental impact on the
> data or service.

I'm not sure how that's a workaround, but that schema isn't necessary for
postgres, it's just a schema that's created by default.  You can remove it
without impact as long as you don't rely on it in any of your applications.